Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just had this from my Palace supporting mate
1715332999570.jpeg

SAC

May 21, 2014
Even if they get the often quoted £50m asking price, there is an alleged 20% sell on clause.

Palace have been accepting 20% sell ons on a few players for a while now, as it helps them land highly rated players.
I think it's only fair that smaller clubs like Reading, QPR and Chelsea get something back, they certainly need the money.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Hearing unsubstantiated rumours that the release clause is a fair bit less than £60m for Olise although quite complicated, in which case Palace will want a bidding war to raise the price.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Hearing unsubstantiated rumours that the release clause is a fair bit less than £60m for Olise although quite complicated, in which case Palace will want a bidding war to raise the price.
If there's a relatively low release clause, isn't any bidding only over the player's wages rather than the amount the selling club get?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If there's a relatively low release clause, isn't any bidding only over the player's wages rather than the amount the selling club get?
I guess so, and hope that’s the case.
I think the ‘complicated clauses’ are simply Palace’s way of trying to create a smoke and mirrors situation which evaporates away to him going somewhere else for £30m.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I guess so, and hope that’s the case.
I think the ‘complicated clauses’ are simply Palace’s way of trying to create a smoke and mirrors situation which evaporates away to him going somewhere else for £30m.
😂👍

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Not if the player is under a ( new ) contract no, the club can demand the fee that suits the club. Palace a stated that any offer made for the 3 players needs to start at over £60 million. ( per player not for all 3 that is 😁) Palace don’t need to sell but if huge offers come in they would have to take them the same as Brighton did when silly money was offered for there top players.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Palace doing what they do.

Picking up easy points when the season is done.

Too good to go down.
Not good enough to compete.

It's a decent model.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So many experts on here 🙂

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Not if the player is under a ( new ) contract no, the club can demand the fee that suits the club. Palace a stated that any offer made for the 3 players needs to start at over £60 million. ( per player not for all 3 that is 😁) Palace don’t need to sell but if huge offers come in they would have to take them the same as Brighton did when silly money was offered for there top players.
Being serious now, I think Palace do need to sell Guehi as if they don’t his value will fall significantly as he’s clearly stated that he won’t sign a new contract.
These rumours about Olise’s release clause or not will only be found out this summer, once the window opens. He is turning in some great performances and he will be a target for a big club. I believe he’s a Man United fan and I think he may end up there, albeit I think he’d be better going elsewhere.
If Guehi and Olise go then I see no reason why Palace would need to sell Eze.
My prediction ( for what it’s worth) is that Palace sell Guehi to Liverpool and Olise to United for a total of £100m.
How much of that they’ll be able to reinvest is anyone’s guess.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Palace doing what they do.

Picking up easy points when the season is done.

Too good to go down.
Not good enough to compete.

It's a decent model.

Urm…Glasner is class.

Next season is going to be good for them. The problem they’ll have is keeping him. Over achieve quickly and the vulture will circle.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Urm…Glasner is class.

Next season is going to be good for them. The problem they’ll have is keeping him. Over achieve quickly and the vulture will circle.
All new Prem managers are class for 0,75 seasons.

Then the analysts get enough data to work them out.

Glasner MAY be class...
But that is no guarantee.
Next season they will still be targetting 40 points.
As will we...

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Palace fan seems happy that he met Parrish and got ‘given his leftovers’ at the station 😂😂

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Palace fan seems happy that he met Parrish and got ‘given his leftovers’ at the station 😂😂

Jesus Christ I bet he has to be careful in this weather, with those glasses one accidental glance at the sun and he’s setting his face on fire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports