NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I wouldn’t believe all you hear about my namesake 😉👍
Why did you disappear for months and months when you were close to a relegation battle, sacking your manager again, all the embarrassment with your stadium/chairman etc - and only reappear now you’ve won some games? Not even the average Croydoner would be that obvious.

I don’t think you’re a real Palace supporter at all, I think you’re Albion through and through and a very obvious WUM for someone’s second account on here.

I’ll also add I could do a much better job than you at it too.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If that was the case your freak chairman would be telling everyone about it.

In fairness, Parish has told everyone that the "hope" is to start construction in the summer.....

He just needs to raise a further £50m as the price has gone up.....
https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.c...0/crystal-palace-stadium-renovation-new-stand

The latest in a long line of, if onlys.
Seemingly the finance gap wasn't an issue when Sainsburys were helping delay the project.
But amazingly the price has gone up, now that particular hurdle is out of the way.

Beaky is pushing the onus on his wantaway partners, to stump up another £50m, so the project can progress.
Funny he states that they need to find a further £50m, rather than saying the owners have ring-fenced a further £50m.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In fairness, Parish has told everyone that the "hope" is to start construction in the summer.....

He just needs to raise a further £50m as the price has gone up.....
https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.c...0/crystal-palace-stadium-renovation-new-stand

The latest in a long line of, if onlys.
Seemingly the finance gap wasn't an issue when Sainsburys were helping delay the project.
But amazingly the price has gone up, now that particular hurdle is out of the way.

Beaky is pushing the onus on his wantaway partners, to stump up another £50m, so the project can progress.
Funny he states that they need to find a further £50m, rather than saying the owners have ring-fenced a further £50m.
My belief is he’ll raise probably double that in player sales within a few months anyway.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I still think he will stay at Palace, amidst a lot of chest beating from Parish, that he will have to delay the stadium expansion to build the team he loves.

But purely from a bettering himself point of view, it should be Villa or City, IMO. Both can offer UCL and excellent management.
He would improve Villa, but would only be yet further squad depth for City.

Chelsea is a swamp of players at the moment and he will just be chucked into the mix.
United are a mess and need a season or 2 to sort themselves out..

It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My belief is he’ll raise probably double that in player sales within a few months anyway.
I think he will use the need to keep the squad together as an excuse to delay the stadium again.

I genuinely think the Stadium redevelopment is a vanity project.

They state that they will earn up to £30m a season from the additional 8,000 seats. That's £200 per seat per game!
They aren;t going to shift that amount of corporate tickets, to make that kind of money,

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think he will use the need to keep the squad together as an excuse to delay the stadium again.

They state that they will earn up to £30m a season from the additional 8,000 seats. That's £200 per seat per game!
They aren;t going to shift that amount of corporate tickets, to make that kind of money,
Time will tell I suppose. I think they’ll keep one or the other out of their two saleable assets and “ring fence” the cash for next season. Probably citing “unfavourable market conditions for expansion at this moment”.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Lifted from a Palace forum.

Interesting update on the stadium redevelopment (or maybe not if you were 100% certain it was going to commence according to the timeline put out earlier this year) at the end of season awards, Parish reportedly said that the away changing room will be moving to the Holmesdale stand so that they can actually commence work on redevelopment of the main stand which will indeed be starting come the end of the season as previously stated.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He will have to knock off Sell-ons, Amortisation and Agents fees from the sales, which means he would probably need to sell 2 of the stars to cover the short fall.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Sadly for football , I bet that’s actually not to far out, my ticket per game in the Holmesdale if bought per game is £56, sp in two years time I can see a ticket a new stand costing £100+ it doesn’t take too much more to reach that £200 , program, drink , hotdog.

I am not saying it’s a good thing BTW.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lifted from a Palace forum.

Interesting update on the stadium redevelopment (or maybe not if you were 100% certain it was going to commence according to the timeline put out earlier this year) at the end of season awards, Parish reportedly said that the away changing room will be moving to the Holmesdale stand so that they can actually commence work on redevelopment of the main stand which will indeed be starting come the end of the season as previously stated.
Parish is a master at keeping the yarn spinning.

Personally I hope that the work does go ahead.
Most clubs that have redeveloped their stadium have seen a drop off in available funds for transfers for multiple seasons, whilst the build goes ahead and the disruption of teh building work affects the home atmosphere.
Fulham have been playing with an empty stand for the best part of a season even after the building work completed.

If you have o sell Olise to get going on the work, then you will use up every advantage you have for the next 2-3 seasons.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sadly for football , I bet that’s actually not to far out, my ticket per game in the Holmesdale if bought per game is £56, sp in two years time I can see a ticket a new stand costing £100+ it doesn’t take too much more to reach that £200 , program, drink , hotdog.

I am not saying it’s a good thing BTW.
There will also be some concessions within those tickets sold, and it's unlikely that none of them will be season ticket holders.

You currently make about £700,000 per game for your entire ground.
The idea that you will make an additional 300% revenue from 8000 seats is ridiculous.

I have seen other independent estimates saying that you will boost your annual matchday revenue by just £8-10m once work is complete.
Which sounds about right.
So the additional £50m (if not a gift from your owners) will take a minimum of 5 seasons to pay off.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I am pretty sure a manager like Glasner came to Palace armed with his own shopping list and any player sold would be replaced, any Club apart from maybe 5 or 6 in the world knows if they unearth a talent they will be highly sort after…it’s not a unique situation.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Olise will go as he has a release clause that makes him look cheap at £60m. ( he is a very good player and better than Eze by some way, in my opinion)
Guehi is likely to go too for c£40m. So they will have £100m in the coffers to repay the alleged short term loan they took out at the turn of the year to buy Wharton and the full back and put the rest into the new stand pot.
Will they have anything over for replacements? I don’t know.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
How very interesting. Please would you share your sauce for this titbit?
I imagine there's no source for this statement, just the fact that the money was 'ring fenced' four years ago and nothing has happened......

I'm guessing it will finally start in the summer once you've sold one/two/three players.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Olise will go as he has a release clause that makes him look cheap at £60m. ( he is a very good player and better than Eze by some way, in my opinion)
Guehi is likely to go too for c£40m. So they will have £100m in the coffers to repay the alleged short term loan they took out at the turn of the year to buy Wharton and the full back and put the rest into the new stand pot.
40m for guehi sounds quite cheap to me. Does he have a release clause? Contract running out?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sell-ons and some amortisation on both of those players, so probably just £85m from those sales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports