Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 97 15.1%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 163 25.4%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 36 5.6%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.5%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 160 24.9%

• Total voters

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The interesting thing about McKenna is that Barber knows him - so, in addition to all the analysis the club also has some personal knowledge of the guy. If he’s being considered then we will obviously need to ask Ipswich for permission to speak to him….i was kind of assuming that might happen today. Clearly neither club needs to announce anything, and maybe they’ve both agreed not to. And - if BHAFC are keen to speak with McKenna, you would imagine Ipswich would be VERY keen to try to tempt him to stay. So possibly lots going on behind the scenes. Or possibly not!!
The club could easily be waiting a few days to see who tosses their various hats in the ring. The only reason to rush would be if the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, etc are going after the same target(s).
It will be fascinating to see what emerges in the next few days…

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He’s had more experience than Artetta in management before he became Arsenal manager. He wouldn’t be a fool either Ipswich need huge investment to compete we don’t.
This is the thing - he’d be a fool to stay i think. Kompany’s side dominated tge Championship playing attractive football but his stock is much lower now when in truth he was never given the tools to compete in the PL. Players are the most important thing - the manager can only do so much

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm putting everything on this guy !! The 'basque Jürgen klopp'

(Pervis knows him as well)

Sounds exciting. Although I would hope he wouldn't train players into the ground

Like the sound of thus guy, this article is my entire knowledge of him. Finished 11th in La Liga. Beat Athletico yesterday 4-1 away.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
£20m release clause rules him out I would imagine, if that’s true.
Although not that long ago we spent nearly as much each on Locadia and Jahabakhsh.

If the person is deemed to be a good fit, then he could be worth the money.

I’m still expect us to be appointing our next manager from an unexpected region. It’s what we do.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nathan Jones has recently joined Charlton in League One. Firstly, he's not really available. Secondly, he's not very good at Premier League level. Thirdly, we would not be remotely interested in him. The idea of someone placing a bet on him joining is equivalent to tossing your money down the drain, one coin at a time.

Gareth Southgate has managed at international level, and may be available later in the summer. I can categorically say that he is not going to be Brighton manager, but he is more likely to be than Nathan Jones is.
All of this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just read about the Italian bloke at Nice. I want him.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Matthias Jaissle worth tempting ?

Did an amazing job at Salzburg before going over to the evil side in Saudi. One of the highest rated young managers around.
Agreed. He had limited players playing attractive football and winning. Salzburg then lost Cesko to Leipzig, but apart from that the team this year was more or less the same as under Jaissle, and has been nowhere near as good as last year (but we did end the season with a 7-1 thrashing of LASK).

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
With it report McKenna was top of our list is sept last year then I assume that won’t have changed following phenomenal season for Ipswich.

My mate who knows people on football keeps telling me that Edwards to Ipswich is what he has heard (god knows whether he is right but he gets lots right) so it would make sense if we got McKenna.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Cesc Fabregas, learned his trade, got his badges whilst at Arsenal.....................failing that the Nice manager.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I tried asking AI image generation to get an early peek at who our next manager might be:

2024-05-20 15.15.33 www.bing.com 2c9222c00fcd.png

Reactions: A1X

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here