[Albion] Trossard vs Welbeck?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Obviously Welbeck not being in the team was a forced decision, but going forward do we stick with Trossard up top? Im assuming for the next game at least we do. Will this be RDZ's preferred line up?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting times ahead….as well as Trossard in fine form Mitoma was excellent, Enciso had a fantastic debut, March is undroppable at the moment and Welbeck has been instrumental in so much of our decent play.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Interesting times ahead….as well as Trossard in fine form Mitoma was excellent, Enciso had a fantastic debut, March is undroppable at the moment and Welbeck has been instrumental in so much of our decent play.
Tough decisions to be made. Before yesterday my opinion had been although not scoring Welbeck had been so important to our good attacking play, and we had looked lost without him up top. But that was definitely not the case against Chelsea.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pervs surely has to start again - we was superb. There’s still the return of Lamptey to look forward to - as in a run of starts and I think he’ll be magic again. Veltman been great as has Welbs but they’ll have to wait I’d imagine…

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
tross.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Having LT as a ‘false 9’ in the team yesterday massively helped our attacking play IMO, particularly liked how much Trossard came deep for the ball along the ground into his feet, that was our out ball all day when they pressed us, makes it much more difficult for a team to press us when they have to cover wide and central areas

Welbeck offers something different but I’d stick with Trossard after that performance.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I was thinking about this during the game. The extra movement definitely helped. My summary is it will work well against a team that is not overly defensive. Trossard was able to utilise the space between the defenders and midfield. However a more compact team might nullify this.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe that the fact Welbeck wasn't mentioned at all pre-match could well have been deliberate and he was ill before yesterday. It looked like we had worked on it and Trotter had worked on a Welbeck pronged attack. I think that is why it worked so well and although I wouldn't expect to see it every week, it certainly gives us an option (y)

And it was great to see Mitoma, Enciso and Sarmiento all contributing

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very different oponents, Wolves. While by no means thinking we can take liberties with 'resting' players, maybe it would be seen as an opportunity to start maybe just one new(ish) player - Gilmour, Sarmiento, Enciso maybe. Or a chance for Turns if we're playing a back four (Webby, Turns, Dunk and Estupinan) and Veltman is still out.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
agree - we’ve only won 1 game in 6. 2 games left before the World Cup so nows not the time for playing anything but our strongest XI

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Pervs surely has to start again - we was superb. There’s still the return of Lamptey to look forward to - as in a run of starts and I think he’ll be magic again. Veltman been great as has Welbs but they’ll have to wait I’d imagine…
I think he looks much better left side of a 3

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Rather worrying for Undav that he doesn’t even get a look in

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t see how you change the starting XI for Wolves.

Everyone to a man was excellent.
Zerbs tends to restart, so I agree with you. Little or no changes.

However, I also suspect he is one step ahead of the game, so who the f*** knows? It's a mystery. Which is how I like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports