[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ooof, Pujara got away with one there - that looked very plumb.
Yes, was rather heart in mouth at my previous post.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This is POOR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
and now Simpson gone, lbw - looked to keep rather low.

In a bit of strife.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No need for an inquest into this performance. Very clear who is to BLAME :angry:
Sorry, I was too previous...I really thought that we had turned a corner...I'll get me coat.... and, not post on this thread again until post Bish/Bosh/Bash/Pajama tosh has finished...truly sorry :facepalm:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Decent knock in the end! Think our boys will get some joy on this

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It might be time for me to admit the fact that Sussex might have genuinely returned to competitive cricket...o_O
Now look what you've done......

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I have a soft spot for Glamorgan. Not a very successful county, but won the title the year I was born. The Tony Lewis era. They were unbeaten that season too. I suspect that could be a record for the 24+ match seasons (although Yorkshire and Surrey fans may be able to point to something during the previous two decades)
Not claiming this is the only other case, but I happened to be reading Arthur Lupton's Wikipedia page the other day. Yorkshire won the 1925 County Championship with 21 wins, 11 draws and no losses.

Fans of completely opaque scoring systems will be like a pig in muck with the 20s championship.

Yorkshire also finished unbeaten the following season, but came 2nd to Lancashire.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not claiming this is the only other case, but I happened to be reading Arthur Lupton's Wikipedia page the other day. Yorkshire won the 1925 County Championship with 21 wins, 11 draws and no losses.

Fans of completely opaque scoring systems will be like a pig in muck with the 20s championship.

Yorkshire also finished unbeaten the following season, but came 2nd to Lancashire.
Interestingly, it appears not to have happened post war up until Glamorgan managed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports