Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain 2-2 Croatia FIX

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
A 2-2 draw (or less likely 3-3) in the final group game between Spain and Croatia will see both through regardless of what Italy do.

The normally 18/1 shot is 9/4 with William Hill !!

Can lightning strike twice for the Italians after Sweden and Denmark did the same to them in Euro 2004

Personally, i hope so

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Not so sure, Spain are through anyway so why would they slow it down? They don't care if Croatia go through or not, Might play a few fringe players though

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All three teams have been superb in this tournament. It's the only group you will really feel the 3rd placed team have been very unfortunate.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
A 2-2 draw (or less likely 3-3) in the final group game between Spain and Croatia will see both through regardless of what Italy do.

The normally 18/1 shot is 9/4 with William Hill !!

Can lightning strike twice for the Italians after Sweden and Denmark did the same to them in Euro 2004

Personally, i hope so

Just checked betfair and only 6.2 for this scoreline.
2-2 would normally be around 25.0

You can imagine the uproar now the Italians will create if this happens!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not so sure, Spain are through anyway so why would they slow it down? They don't care if Croatia go through or not, Might play a few fringe players though

Spain are not through, though.

They only have 4 points. If they lose to Croatia, and Italy beat Ireland, Spain would be out:

Croatia P3 W2 D1 L0 7pts
Italy P3 W1 D2 L0 5pts
Spain P3 W1 D1 L1 4pts
Ireland P3 W0 D0 L3 0pts

D

Deleted member 22389

Think Italy have played well and hope they go through. They are playing a nice style of football, creating lots of chances.
I don't think anyone will fancy playing England in this group.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just checked betfair and only 6.2 for this scoreline.
2-2 would normally be around 25.0

You can imagine the uproar now the Italians will create if this happens!!!

The irony would be somewhat delicious when you consider the number of match-fixing scandals in Italy...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Italy have played well for most of the time, but the second half yesterday I thought they were awful. They let Croatia play and then couldn't seem to work out what to do to get it back. I was really disappointed because I'd been so impressed with them up to that point. I agree that all 3 teams have been good, but if Italy come 3rd, they will really reflect on the second half yesterday as costing them.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Totesport are going 16/1. Can see this happening to be honest. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole at 9/4,but happy with a fiver at 16s.
I'm on...

Btw,these odds will NOT last long. If you like them,get on quick!!!!!

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Totesport are going 16/1. Can see this happening to be honest. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole at 9/4,but happy with a fiver at 16s.
I'm on...

I'm not suggesting for a second, that a 2-2 scoreline is out of the question. No way will Spain play for the draw though - it would leave them second in the group.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'm on...

Back it for £100 on tote sport, lay it on betfair for £100

£1000 risk free bet

( can't see any firm offering 16/1 or similar though )

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not suggesting for a second, that a 2-2 scoreline is out of the question. No way will Spain play for the draw though - it would leave them second in the group.
Only if Italy beat Ireland 5-0.

Which is not out of the question though as Oyreland are f***ing SHITE.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Surely if Italy beat Ireland by 3 and the Croatia v Spain game finishes 2-2 the 3 teams will all be on the same points but Spain will have a GD of +4, Italy +3 and Croatia +2. How will they be guaranteed to go through?

Unless GD isn't being used which seems a bit stupid!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Sorry, for the stupid amongst us (ie me), can someone explain how this works?

If Italy beat Ireland 3-0 and Croatia draw 2-2 with Spain, all three teams would have 5 points, with Croatia having the weakest goal difference. How does that put them through ahead of Italy?

1. Spain P3 W1 D2 L0 GD4
2. Italy P3 W1 D2 L0 GD3
3. Croatia P3 W1 D2 L0 GD2
4. Ireland P3 W0 D0 L3 GD-9

What am I missing? :(

EDIT - Snap with the post just before me :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Surely if Italy beat Ireland by 3 and the Croatia v Spain game finishes 2-2 the 3 teams will all be on the same points but Spain will have a GD of +4, Italy +3 and Croatia +2. How will they be guaranteed to go through?

Unless GD isn't being used which seems a bit stupid!
Where teams finish level on points, only their head to head results count in determining their final positions. That would mean the only results that matter in determining the top 3 positions would be:

Spain 1-1 Italy
Croatia 1-1 Italy
Spain ?-? Croatia.

If it finished a draw, 2-2 or higher then Spain and Croatia would go through on goals scored
If it finished 1-1, then their respective results against Ireland would be considered, meaning Spain would go through and Italy would go through instead of Croatia if they could do better than the 3-1 that Croatia managed. And Italy would be group winners if they managed to beat Ireland 5-0.
If it finished 0-0, Italy would be through as winners with Spain taking second spot, as they did better against Ireland than Croatia did.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here