61EaXOpbuXL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Turns out I quite like Solar flares.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
My app AuroraWatch
no significant activity 16.36.

I’ll let you know if I get a yellow warning. It needs to be red to see the aurora.
It’s daft isn’t it - I turned off my alerts because they were excessive but turned them on this morning - Day 1 of the Apocalypse and nothing… of course the solar flare could have knocked out their magnetometers :lol:
IMG_1825.png

EDIT
Just had a red alert

IMG_1827.png

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In the event of the internet going down, @Bozza has initiated the standing procedures to transition NSC to a state of DEFCON 2.

(DEFCON 2 is the same as DEFCON 1, except The Thread full of Beautiful Ladies, Part II is printed off and laminated).
Surely the Thread of Beautiful Ladies, part II , should have been laminated from inception ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Surely the Thread of Beautiful Ladies, part II , should have been laminated from inception ?
It has to be in my house!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I just saw The Titanic coming through the clouds. It’s begun.

To the capsules!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMG_0531.jpeg

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Apparently the biggest solar flares since the Carrington Event in 1859 when the developed worlds population wasnt entirely dependant on electricity. Back then it took out telegraph systems so could cause havoc potentially. I'm off to buy some bog roll.
I’ve still got some left from Covid 😂😂😂😂 (I don’t I better get to the shops! Fuuuuuuck)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports