Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So is Lallana coming back into our setup

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Maybe sponged is a tad harsh. Having said that I thought the 'Lallana Love In' yesterday was decidedly over the top. He's a Southampton and Liverpool legend but far from an Albion one. You saw glimpses of what a great player he was before the body gave up, and no doubt he was was good in the dressing room with his experience. As players go he's quite eloquent and obviously got on with Roberto. However, just not enough time on the pitch.

One factor of his departure made me laugh and that was more family time due to geography. There's me thinking his family is still up Liverpool way when in fact they are only in Bournemouth. For £90,000 a week I'd tolerate the 2 hour trip
Well the A27 at Chichester has been named as one of the most congested roads in England …that’s got to add five minutes on 😉

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Maybe sponged is a tad harsh. Having said that I thought the 'Lallana Love In' yesterday was decidedly over the top. He's a Southampton and Liverpool legend but far from an Albion one. You saw glimpses of what a great player he was before the body gave up, and no doubt he was was good in the dressing room with his experience. As players go he's quite eloquent and obviously got on with Roberto. However, just not enough time on the pitch.

One factor of his departure made me laugh and that was more family time due to geography. There's me thinking his family is still up Liverpool way when in fact they are only in Bournemouth. For £90,000 a week I'd tolerate the 2 hour trip
I'd be happy to give Pascal Gross that sort of send off. But Adam Lallana? Telling was the montage reel of his goals and assists from the time he was here. 2 assists I think, one in an empty stadium 3 years ago. One decent strike I think against Wolves and a bundled tap in.

And that's for a player who has been playing in an advanced forward position.

I think "sponged" in relation to that £90k p/w or whatever it is is fair.

I agree he's probably a decent presence in the training room

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You can't do 4 hours a day in a car when you're training. No chance he's been commuting

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'd be happy to give Pascal Gross that sort of send off. But Adam Lallana? Telling was the montage reel of his goals and assists from the time he was here. 2 assists I think, one in an empty stadium 3 years ago. One decent strike I think against Wolves and a bundled tap in.

And that's for a player who has been playing in an advanced forward position.

I think "sponged" in relation to that £90k p/w or whatever it is is fair.

I agree he's probably a decent presence in the training room

Precisely what we said yesterday. If Gross leaves can we expect a fly part's from the Red Arrows!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yup, yesterday he said it wasn't a goodbye, more a see you later and he'd already let the hierarchy know that he hopes to be welcomed back next year or whenever.

By next year, I wonder if he means next season (which would mean he doesn't actually leave) or have a year away and come back the season after.

View attachment 182649
He's probably signing for Southampton and hoping they will be in the Prem next season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Precisely what we said yesterday. If Gross leaves can we expect a fly part's from the Red Arrows!
I will demand a public holiday to properly mourn the occasion.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Obviously not ready to be a PL manager yet, given he hasn't got his own team of about eight coaches to support him.

Maybe the route taken by Bruno is the move obvious one (without the move to Chelsea)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yup, yesterday he said it wasn't a goodbye, more a see you later and he'd already let the hierarchy know that he hopes to be welcomed back next year or whenever.

By next year, I wonder if he means next season (which would mean he doesn't actually leave) or have a year away and come back the season after.

View attachment 182649
Could mean many things: welcomed back for the practical part for his coaching badges, welcomed back to watch games etc. Whatever he meant I doubt it’s a full time gig.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think it takes a genius to decipher the barely disguised discussion with Adam Lallana during his farewell that there is a good chance he will be returning to the club in some role. Just wondering what that could be. I would love him as manager.but obviously he wouldn't be ready for that. Any thoughts
I was assumeing he'd be off to Stains to play next season. But if this wasn't just his last game for us but his last game in an illustrious career, it would explain the send off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can't do 4 hours a day in a car when you're training. No chance he's been commuting
I think I read somewhere he was staying locally four nights a week and home for three nights. That's why he wants to spend time with his family as his children are growing up without him seeing it.

We forget that players are human sometimes. I remember Andy Whing saying his family were still in the West Midlands so when he left us in 2011, he was happy to go to Oxford where he could go home at night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here