Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle v Tottenham …….this coming week in AUSTRALIA

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
lol….nice long flight…ok first class but even so… and a couple (for Newcastle) of meaningless games, what’s not to like 🤦‍♂️

Smug Ed playing the politician and putting a positive spin on it

Aug 19, 2018
lol….nice long flight…ok first class but even so… and a couple (for Newcastle) of meaningless games, what’s not to like 🤦‍♂️

Smug Ed playing the politician and putting a positive spin on it

Probably cheaper than getting the train down to London !

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But remember, we need to ditch FA Cup replays because the players are “too tired”

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Sure Spurs were banging on about being environmentally friendly not that long ago?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sure Spurs were banging on about being environmentally friendly not that long ago?
True.

They've stopped using silver polish since 2008.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Should be a cracking game. 4-3 to either side maybe?

Getting withdrawal symptoms from football already. 😰 Nearly another month until the European Championships start.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
How the fck does a youngster like you know about that?
I genuinely don't understand this either, because I definitely watched it growing up in the 90s, but I've never met anybody else my age who remembers it.

I gather that there was some sort of New Skippy series made in the early 90s, so I don't know if that's what I saw or if it was reruns of the original. But I definitely watched it, I was mad into kangaroos until Walking With Dinosaurs came out and I got distracted by dinosaurs. :lolol:

Obviously later, I got distracted by bridges and engineers like Brunel with massive top hats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I genuinely don't understand this either, because I definitely watched it growing up in the 90s, but I've never met anybody else my age who remembers it.

I gather that there was some sort of New Skippy series made in the early 90s, so I don't know if that's what I saw or if it was reruns of the original. But I definitely watched it, I was mad into kangaroos until Walking With Dinosaurs came out and I got distracted by dinosaurs. :lolol:

Obviously later, I got distracted by bridges and engineers like Brunel with massive top hats.

My kids TV era was the 70’s to early 80’s. Lots of the best progs were 60’s re-runs such as Robinson Crusoe, Belle & Sebastian and The Banana Splits.

Next you’re going to tell me you know The Banana Splits tune too :mad: .

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
My kids TV era was the 70’s to early 80’s. Lots of the best progs were 60’s re-runs such as Robinson Crusoe, Belle & Sebastian and The Banana Splits.

Next you’re going to tell me you know The Banana Splits tune too :mad: .
For better or worse, no, I don't remember that.

We used to sing Blowin' In The Wind in assemblies at primary school. Until I was about 20 I just assumed it was a hymn. :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For better or worse, no, I don't remember that.

We used to sing Blowin' In The Wind in assemblies at primary school. Until I was about 20 I just assumed it was a hymn. :lolol:

There was a kinda crossover of pop/folk/hymns in the hippy early 70’s. At Telscombe Cliffs Primary School the hymn book contained some lovely Cat Stevens songs. I also remember singing Scarborough Fair, made famous again by Simon & Garfunkel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here