Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best manager under Bloom?

Who has been the bestest manager during Tony Bloom’s ownership period?

• Russell Slade

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Gus Poyet

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Oscar Garcia

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Chris Hughton

Votes: 30 14.1%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Roberto De Zerbi

Votes: 127 59.6%
  • Dean Wilkins

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
He’s gone so it’s time to say how goodie he was

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Gotta love the Sami

Sámi-people-1.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Would "most-important manager" get the same result?

Probably not.

(Bit early to judge impact of RDZ, in fairness)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That list shows how good Bloom has been at picking them. Wilkins was already here, I would argue Hyypia was his only real mis-step.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would "most-important manager" get the same result?

Probably not.

(Bit early to judge impact of RDZ, in fairness)
What, according to recency bias, is your most memorable thing?

Definitely my dinner. It was lovely.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That list shows how good Bloom has been at picking them. Wilkins was already here, I would argue Hyypia was his only real mis-step.

Dean Wilkins never managed us under Tony Bloom, in fact pretty the same time Tony took control of the club Wilkins joined Southampton as assistant manager to Nigel “keep up” Adkins.

Edit - have seen who the OP is I now realise I’ve been wooshed on his inclusion in the poll.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, which is why I said it's too early to judge RDZ.
You think I may get a bit of after taste?

You're not wrong, actually.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
All depends on how you measure success. If it is by comparing how much the club has improved from when the manager started his tenure and when he finished, then I’d go for Gus followed by Houghton. On this measure both Potter an RDZ score very highly too. In terms of charisma and fun then RDZ wins hands down. But on overall results and improvement in style I’d probably go for Gus.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Houghton by a country mile he got us into the premiership and kept us there over that incredibly first two years and he may have still been here but for not bringing the younger players through quicker and a bit more adventurous in attack, a gentleman who understood the needs of his players

Potter second for making the club an established premiership team and brought young players into the team but for leaving to chase money and far worse for taking coaches that were not originally part of his staff

RDZ for bringing passion and a style and invigorating what was an already brilliant squad for gaining our first European campaign which must been seen as a great success but appears to follow a pattern of success that is very short lived before moving on what is he 44 and already managed 7 or 8 teams

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Best Manager - Hughton
Best Coach - Potter
Best tactician - De Zerbi.
I’m not sure Potter was a better coach than De Zerbi at all.

De Zerbi improved so many more players, brought so many more youth players through to the first team, and did it all by playing a much nicer brand of football.

Arguably it’s De Zerbi and Poyet who stand alone in getting the most out of their squads, turning players who looked at their level before them into coveted assets. That’s coaching.

Hughton by far the best bloke.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
.... until the next one who will be a complete disaster. The only reason the new guy won't leave us mid-table in the Championship is because he'll be sacked by Christmas as we make a desperate attempt to cling onto our Premier League status, despite being bottom with only 3 points and a goal difference of minus fifty.

(Hopefully I'm being a tad pessimistic).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hear me out.

Gus.

Think where we were before he joined. Think the style of football being played. I remember sitting there in our awful athletics stadium and after only about 3 games seeing Adam El-Abd passing out from the back and just thinking "bloody hell. How's he done this".

In my opinion, he created the biggest shift in style we have seen when you consider the tools he had available and where we were playing at the time.

Yes, the end was messy but the fact he even got us to that position in the first place was amazing.

I don't think the rest would have happened (or not as quickly) without him. We suddenly had an identity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here