Are you ready for the " Arctic Blast " ?!!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What is it with this country.

We have heard all week of this " arctic blast " and what will it be tomorrow, + 5c , long sunny spells , dry and really a lovely day if a bit parky.

There appears to be a snow threat on the Scottish mountains, the welsh mountains and dartmoor.

Expect tomorrow to see tabloid headlines of " the big freeze starts " or " Britain slithers and shivers to work ".

TV coverage of warehouses full of salt and a fleet of snow ploughs, expect also to see that annoying blonde, Carol Kirkwood from BBC1 on top of a mountain in Wales somewhere saying " look at all the snow ", this is as relevant to us in London and the SE as her standing on top of a mountian in Austria saying " its very cold with lots of snow here ".

+ 5c is not " arctic " to me, the weather reporters need to get their dictionaries out and check " arctic ".

We must look absolute fools to any european visitors this week as they go about their daily work with 10 inches of snow overnight.

Get ready for the " arctic blast " :dunce:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My family and I are ready. We have been stock piling food for weeks now.

eskimo.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Grendel said:
Did you put a bet on it snowing in Brighton tomorrow or something?

Right-I'm heading down there tomorrow for some sun and swimming:D

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I just find the whole thing ridiculous with the news reports and headlines, the big freeze :jester:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Southern are running "ghost" trains up and down the main line on Sunday night to keep the tracks clear due to the "threat of heavy snow". :jester:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Virgo's Haircut said:
Southern are running "ghost" trains up and down the main line on Sunday night to keep the tracks clear due to the "threat of heavy snow". :jester:

I suppose they will justify a price hike, as they are spending money keeping the lines clear for us

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
pevenseagull said:
ghost trains are cool

Agreed. The old one on the Palace Pier when Horatio's is now was cracking.

Will these ghost trains that Southern are running on Sunday have some of that truly petrifying WOOL that they used to hang down to make girls scream?

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Man of Harveys said:
Agreed. The old one on the Palace Pier when Horatio's is now was cracking.

Will these ghost trains that Southern are running on Sunday have some of that truly petrifying WOOL that they used to hang down to make girls scream?

Yes, and they are asking if any staff are available to jump out on passengers and go "boo" at a particuarly scary part of the track near Selhurst.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm off to Tesco now to buy up all the bread and milk!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There was a report on the BBC 6 o clock news with some bloke from the highways with tips for when you drive somewhere, it is important, now read this carefully to have in the car

1. Blankets
2. Hot drinks
3. Food rations
4. Phone for emergencies

In case of being marooned in a snowdrift
:jester: :dunce: :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Im still without a coat (2nd year running) , big freeze doesn't bother me one little bit. Bring it on

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Good rant! But you know the press in this country over hype everything. I watched the weather forecast this morning and they were going on and on about how there was a severe weather warning, and that there might be some blizzards in the mountians as if its something thats never happened before! But it is staggering how little it takes to bring the country to its knees. A few inches of snow and the trains grind to a halt. Strange how other countries manage to cope with ten times the amount of snow we will get. :rolleyes:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Uncle Spielberg said:
There was a report on the BBC 6 o clock news with some bloke from the highways with tips for when you drive somewhere, it is important, now read this carefully to have in the car

1. Blankets
2. Hot drinks
3. Food rations
4. Phone for emergencies

In case of being marooned in a snowdrift
:jester: :dunce: :lolol:

I have a 5 minute drive to work later. Should I take the advice of the powers that be and fill the boot with Lucozade, flask of coffee and a round of cheese and ham sarnies, or should I take the massive risk of getting stranded somewhere near Cheapside?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
VH

It could get dodgy trying to drive up Elm Grove later tonight :jester: :dunce: :p :lolol: , take a flask of soup, some sandwiches, a few blankets and do not forget your mobile.

Good luck old friend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports