[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have just kinda assumed that maybe they've internally had word that he won't be coming back next season, therefore as I think RDZ has probably seen the season as over from not long after the Roma game, he feels it's more valuable to give those minutes to developing our own youth products?
Yep, that's possible. It's almost the opposite of last year where he had a love-in with Colwill (which he couldn't seem to shake off this season because he kept bringing him up!).

I saw one of the 'expert pundits' complaining about RDZ starting with Offiah and O'Mahony the other day, but I wouldn't be surprised if (in a non-interfering way) TB/DW suggested giving them game time for either a) the experience or b) the possible increase in value. It happened last year with Ayari, the Aussie fella and Facu, so I figured it's plausible.

Although we could be sat here next year and Fati's returned and had an OUTSTANDING season for Brighton. You really never know.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yep, that's possible. It's almost the opposite of last year where he had a love-in with Colwill (which he couldn't seem to shake off this season because he kept bringing him up!).

I saw one of the 'expert pundits' complaining about RDZ starting with Offiah and O'Mahony the other day, but I wouldn't be surprised if (in a non-interfering way) TB/DW suggested giving them game time for either a) the experience or b) the possible increase in value. It happened last year with Ayari, the Aussie fella and Facu, so I figured it's plausible.

Although we could be sat here next year and Fati's returned and had an OUTSTANDING season for Brighton. You really never know.
But it seemed like we were in with a chance of keeping Colwill? And we were trying to get into Europe and he was clearly in our best starting line up

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But it seemed like we were in with a chance of keeping Colwill? And we were trying to get into Europe and he was clearly in our best starting line up
No, what I meant was that he was almost in mourning for the first part of this season because "we lost three important players: Caicedo; MacAllister and Colwill" as if he was 'one of our own. Clearly he made a bigger contribution than Fati has, but I'm just interested in the difference between the management and narrative around our main loan players over the past two seasons.

I'm not sure whether we WERE really in with a chance of nabbing Colwill. The form of JPVH would've softened the blow of missing out if we really were, though.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
No, what I meant was that he was almost in mourning for the first part of this season because "we lost three important players: Caicedo; MacAllister and Colwill" as if he was 'one of our own. Clearly he made a bigger contribution than Fati has, but I'm just interested in the difference between the management and narrative around our main loan players over the past two seasons.

I'm not sure whether we WERE really in with a chance of nabbing Colwill. The form of JPVH would've softened the blow of missing out if we really were, though.
We definitely weren't in with a chance of buying Colwill, in the sense that there was never even a slight chance that we would spend enough money for Chelsea to consider selling him.

Jimmy Grimble

Seriously, WTF :lolol:

I’m leaning towards the ‘their must be something in his contract’ trail of thought!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Seriously, WTF :lolol:

I’m leaning towards the ‘their must be something in his contract’ trail of thought!

Why bring him on? We gave time to two youngsters who will be here next season when he isn't.

Pre injury Fati was showing signs of understanding our play and starting to contribute, but he's been poor the second half of the season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We definitely weren't in with a chance of buying Colwill, in the sense that there was never even a slight chance that we would spend enough money for Chelsea to consider selling him.
Ted would wonder why we wanted Colwill and this will be a stumbling block with us and Chelsea players. The weird Brighton obsessed yank would be scared we turn one of his younger players into a £100m + star.

Jimmy Grimble

Why bring him on? We gave time to two youngsters who will be here next season when he isn't.

Pre injury Fati was showing signs of understanding our play and starting to contribute, but he's been poor the second half of the season.
But why put him on the bench if you clearly have no intention of playing him?! It’s just bizarre!

Mar 4, 2024
Apologies for keeping this going. But does anybody ACTUALLY REALLY know say fro a a reliable sauce, why Fati has had no game time in the second half of the season?? Where would we be now if he did ? What has gone wrong since the Notts F away game ? Options.
1 FATI Fitness issues ?
2 FATI Attitude issues? I'm a £100 million man
3 SQUAD We were here before you, and your not invited to the boy's supper evenings.
4 RDZ Form is temporary, class is permanent. As long as you score 2 goals and 3 assists a game.
5 As 4 above.
6 RDZ I'm in charge
7 FATI Made a mistake coming here.
8 SQUAD Go away
9 FATI Liverpool away. Get me on boss.
10 As 6 above.
I see Undav part 2 coming here. Fati goes back to Seville, and puts 27 goals past La Liga opposition. I may be deluded, but why for the second half of the season is he on the bench without a sniff of getting on for at least 10 minutes. What's gone wrong since tearing through Ajax defence last October. Does me in this question.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I reckon he is still injured, but there is perhaps something in the loan agreement with Barca that says he needs to be named in so many matchday squads ?
Even if there was that sort of clause in the contract (and I can’t see us giving any other club a say in our match day squads) then there would be caveats around the players fitness. If he’s injured Barca aren’t going to want him taking part in pre match warm ups etc where he could risk making the injury worse, just to reach an figure specified in a contract.

RDZ has said his conditioning isn’t 100% so he’s unlikely to be starting games. I believe he’s on the bench now as an option but RDZ is now favouring younger players he knows will almost certainly be here next season from the bench as their development is more important, even if he is making noises about keeping Fati, but given the players wages that doesn’t seem likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports