[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Great win today. Next game is the last with Robbo (and, I believe, Seales and Pujara). We really need to win that and get a head start on the rest of the pack. I still think we need to strengthen the batting - Clark hasn't come off and I think that Simpson is place too high. We could drop Carson, who's not bowling much at the moment, pick an extra batter and rely on our seamers to win the game

Carter should play the next game in place of Clark. Not sure who would open though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great win today. Next game is the last with Robbo (and, I believe, Seales and Pujara). We really need to win that and get a head start on the rest of the pack. I still think we need to strengthen the batting - Clark hasn't come off and I think that Simpson is place too high. We could drop Carson, who's not bowling much at the moment, pick an extra batter and rely on our seamers to win the game
I suppose it depends on the track. Hope it's not like the one they produced for Glamorgan. We'll need a spinner for the time we would spend in the field.

Bamber/Roland-Jones/Higgins v Seales/Robbo/Hunt

I may try and get there on Saturday

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m not saying too much, but one of us in this household has a big smile on their face, and the other looking quite glum.

🙂😞

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I think we ought to bring the improbably-named Zach Lion-Cachet into the top order for the Middlesex game to replace Clark. He's an opening bat on a rookie contract who scored 2x 50s in the last second eleven game.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I think we ought to bring the improbably-named Zach Lion-Cachet into the top order for the Middlesex game to replace Clark. He's an opening bat on a rookie contract who scored 2x 50s in the last second eleven game.

This is probably a better option than bringing Carter in for Clark and bumping up Alsop to open with Haines. Not sure who bats at three in this scenario.. Although I'd be surprised if Clark isn't given one more chance in this block of fixtures

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Quite a lot going on elsewhere in the CC today with some interesting looking chases for Durham (Stokes in next), Middlesex and potentially Somerset..

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
This is probably a better option than bringing Carter in for Clark and bumping up Alsop to open with Haines. Not sure who bats at three in this scenario.. Although I'd be surprised if Clark isn't given one more chance in this block of fixtures
I'd be very surprised.

Paul Farbrace talked about that at the Members Forum before the match started on Friday morning and told members to expect more of the same in terms of selection for the match at Lord's. Same batters, two spinners and four seamers. Will then review for the Leicestershire game in June.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
I believe Pujara and Seales have one game remaining, after which they are replaced by the Australians, Hughes and McAndrew.

I expect Hughes to open with Haines. On that basis, I guess Carter may slot in at four and Clark may be dropped.

Shame Robbo may not be around to bowl in tandem with McAndrew.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite a lot going on elsewhere in the CC today with some interesting looking chases for Durham (Stokes in next), Middlesex and potentially Somerset..
Hants, chasing a target of 171, were seemingly on the ropes at 44/5, but steadied the ship, and cruised to a five wicket win.

The Durham chase if they pull it off will be incredible. 380/5 chasing a target of 475.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
The same Carter that’s been batting superbly this season and our leading spin bowler?

Give your head a wobble.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hants, chasing a target of 171, were seemingly on the ropes at 44/5, but steadied the ship, and cruised to a five wicket win.

The Durham chase if they pull it off will be incredible. 380/5 chasing a target of 475.

Oops. It appears I inadvertently broke Durham. They are now 388/9...

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oops. It appears I inadvertently broke Durham. They are now 388/9...
Someone sure broke Yorkshire. I was at our village match in Southwater and stopped checking at 26 to win with 4 in hand. Maybe it's me. I just need to stop refreshing scores.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports