[News] Saudi authorizes lethal force against villagers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Saudi authorities have permitted the use of lethal force to clear land for a futuristic desert city being built by dozens of Western companies, an ex-intelligence officer has told the BBC.

Col Rabih Alenezi says he was ordered to evict villagers from a tribe in the Gulf state to make way for The Line, part of the Neom eco-project.

One of them was subsequently shot and killed for protesting against eviction"

The barbaric actions of the Saudi government continue :nono:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The murderous sportswashers at it again I see. News like this ought to galvanise public football opinion against the Saudis and also the owners of Newcastle Utd FC as they drag that club into the cesspool they inhabit. Neom is also set to be one of the venues for the World Cup 2034 which Saudi is hosting after Australia pulled out stating, "What's the point in us bidding against Saudi Arabia?".

Anyone that supports the WC in Saudi in any way whatsoever will have blood on their hands. Nothing will happen though, the British government will continue to turn a blind eye since the weapons we sell Saudi are worth billions and the Saudi sponsored bots will continue to spread overwhelmingly popular threads into the media.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
"Saudi authorities have permitted the use of lethal force to clear land for a futuristic desert city being built by dozens of Western companies, an ex-intelligence officer has told the BBC.

Col Rabih Alenezi says he was ordered to evict villagers from a tribe in the Gulf state to make way for The Line, part of the Neom eco-project.

One of them was subsequently shot and killed for protesting against eviction"

The barbaric actions of the Saudi government continue :nono:
I read about this some time ago. Saudi really is barbaric but that's OK with Newcastle fans.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It's difficult wishing ill on a regime when you know millions of people would be affected. You can wish all their oil to dry up, or their new development to bankrupt their entire country, but any ill-feeling towards the regime, that may come to pass, will ultimately impact on millions of innocent people. I guess a freak family yachting accident wouldn't be too much to hope for?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not only murderous to people but completely incognisant of the fact several miles of a wall 30 metres high and made completely of mirrors will be a collision and death trap for thousands of local and migrating birds - an absolutely environmental traversty 😡

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I expect the Saudis think it's a bit rich the West complaining about them doing that when Israel has been doing it since 1948.
This isn't about Israel though, let's not turn it into a Gaza binfest. Besides Israel is doing it quite openly and haven't to my knowledge tried to sportswash their reputation by pouring billions into sport. Saudi Arabia is a backward medieval despotic country that countries like Britain only entertain all the while.they control the worlds oil supplies.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The murderous sportswashers at it again I see. News like this ought to galvanise public football opinion against the Saudis and also the owners of Newcastle Utd FC as they drag that club into the cesspool they inhabit. Neom is also set to be one of the venues for the World Cup 2034 which Saudi is hosting after Australia pulled out stating, "What's the point in us bidding against Saudi Arabia?".

Anyone that supports the WC in Saudi in any way whatsoever will have blood on their hands. Nothing will happen though, the British government will continue to turn a blind eye since the weapons we sell Saudi are worth billions and the Saudi sponsored bots will continue to spread overwhelmingly popular threads into the media.
You need to accept not everyone in the world has the same opinion as liberal Britons. The vast majority of the world doesn’t even believe in democracy or has it. Your and my view is very much a minority one in that respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports