Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Lee Anderson goes full Oswald Mosely

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I know I'm gonna get shouted at for pointing this out during an election, but the fact that Anderson moved seamlessly from the Labour Party's right wing to the Tories and then to Reform without changing a single one of his beliefs or adjusting his worldview whatsoever says everything about the political "choice" that's on offer.
He didn't move 'seamlessly'. Labour suspended him, so he left and joined the tories, the tories suspended him, so he left and joined Reform. It's his beliefs and worldview that have made him unwelcome in both of the mainstream parties.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Had anybody actually thought he might have some form of mental illness?

I made this point to Talk Sport when White and Jordan had a very 'erratic' Chris Eubank senior on air for 45 mins one morning, surely the producers of these shows have a duty of care?

In this case, I have no idea on Eubank, I think mental illness is stretching it a little.

It's surely inflammatory language.

Nigel Farage was accused of the same this morning and the BBC journalist in question has had to make an apology.
Some people are still asking for Geeta Guru-Murthy to be fired.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I made this point to Talk Sport when White and Jordan had a very 'erratic' Chris Eubank senior on air for 45 mins one morning, surely the producers of these shows have a duty of care?
I doubt it as he seems quite aware of his words and their inflammatory nature as he says “this might get me in hot water”

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I know I'm gonna get shouted at for pointing this out during an election, but the fact that Anderson moved seamlessly from the Labour Party's right wing to the Tories and then to Reform without changing a single one of his beliefs or adjusting his worldview whatsoever says everything about the political "choice" that's on offer.

I hear your sentiment. To take Anderson out of the equation my feeling is that the two major parties have been competing in who can stand in front of the most Union Jack's for several years now. It's amazing what you can get away with when you do.

Largely as a result of all that is and was Brexit.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

As far as I’m aware, being a racist **** isn’t yet classed as a mental illness.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As far as I’m aware, being a racist **** isn’t yet classed as a mental illness.
Indeed. I've also realised it IS possible for him to sink lower in my estimation if he ever tried to use that as a defence. It would be a colossal insult to people who really are struggling with their mental health if he ever said "I sometimes shoot my mouth off, but people should cut me a bit of slack because I've got ADHD."

(In Anderson's case ADHD stands for A DickHead's Dickhead)

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
He didn't move 'seamlessly'. Labour suspended him, so he left and joined the tories, the tories suspended him, so he left and joined Reform. It's his beliefs and worldview that have made him unwelcome in both of the mainstream parties.
Which of his beliefs have changed since he was a long-term Labour councillor and an aide to a prominent MP on the Labour right?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Which of his beliefs have changed since he was a long-term Labour councillor and an aide to a prominent MP on the Labour right?
I didn't say his beliefs have changed. I said that, as he revealed them, he became no longer welcome in either the Labour Party or the Conservative Party. Both suspended him. I'm not saying that there aren't people with prejudices in either of those parties, of course there are. I am saying that Lee Anderson, as he revealed the true extent of his prejudices, was suspended by both parties. Despite the narrow choice available in terms of economic approaches (I'd agree with you on that front), I'm pleased that someone espousing the views he has has found himself out of any party likely to hold power.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
So you think an elected councillor and MP's aide managed to keep his views secret from the party? Or did he just fit in with a certain part of the party? Which is more likely?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you think an elected councillor and MP's aide managed to keep his views secret from the party? Or did he just fit in with a certain part of the party? Which is more likely?
He kept his more extreme views to himself at first, but eventually couldn’t help himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here