[Albion] Injuries

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Never known a season like it for injuries and particularly, long term injuries.

Hopefully the new Sawbones will make a difference!

March, Estupiñián, Ferguson not returning until the season is well underway way means even more focus/emphasis on recruitment.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Were the Liverpool minutes because he was injured or because he was not being picked though?

For Milner at Liverpool (PL games only)

19-20 Made squad 27 times
20-21 Made squad 30 times
21-22 Made squad 32 times
22-23 Made squad 34 times.

So even if he didn't get that many mins on the pitch he was making the squad a lot of the time. The games he missed he tended to have an injury but I think over those 4 seasons the longest spell he had out injured was about 5 games.

Did Solly have a setback in his recovery? I swear earlier in the season there was talk that we might have seen him play in these final few games.

The report that Solly might be back this season seemed to be hugely optimistic. An ACL injury normally takes about 10-12 months before a player is back on the pitch and we delayed surgery by a month and operated on his meniscus tear first. Getting him back on the pitch this season would have given a 6-7 month recovery, which is exceptionally quick to get the knee strong enough for top level football. He was pictured in Dubai with the rest of the squad but would have been doing rehab work. Getting to join in with the squad for some of pre-season would be huge but if we see him in a match day squad before end of September then we will be very lucky. I'm not expecting to see him back playing for the first team before the end of October personally (going on average recovery times rather than any inside info).

As a reference point the previous time Solly did his ACL against Derby in December 2015 his return to the squad was just about 11 months later in November 2016 when he got a few mins off the bench against Bristol City.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
And played on after he went down injured. Which seemed very odd at the time.

They were readying Baleba so I thought Dunk was done, but the way he ran of the pitch to do that waiting around thing they do after treatment everything looked ok. He probably then felt the injury more as he cooled down during half time, it might have stiffened up a bit too so they decided not to risk him for the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports