[Technology] Facebook privacy help

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I need to either get rid of FB as a matter of urgency or at the very least get it as private as I can. The boy’s getting some bother at school as they are searching my and my Mrs (and probably other parents too) knicking photos and the like.

Google is NOT my friend on this as it’s the same nonsense regarding limiting friends requests etc.

A few at work have said my settings are ok but I’m not convinced.

Why can’t you just tick a box that say “don’t let just any fucker look at your pictures?

I’m going back to work now so can’t reply til tonight- cheers

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I need to either get rid of FB as a matter of urgency or at the very least get it as private as I can. The boy’s getting some bother at school as they are searching my and my Mrs (and probably other parents too) knicking photos and the like.

Google is NOT my friend on this as it’s the same nonsense regarding limiting friends requests etc.

Why can’t you just tick a box that say “don’t let just any fucker look at your pictures?

I can’t be of any practical help as I deleted my account completely about a decade ago (and believe me, if you wanted to delete rather than just deactivate it, it was a proper time-consuming process) but I’m sorry to hear that there are scumbags at your son’s school weaponising people’s social media history.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Privacy settings to Only Me or if you want to share with family, Friends.

That doesn’t stop your profile picture being public. Maybe change that to a club badge.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Privacy settings to Only Me or if you want to share with family, Friends.

That doesn’t stop your profile picture being public. Maybe change that to a club badge.

This is a good start and good tip, there’s a few more settings you can tinker with to prevent anyone else viewing anything - including your profile photo etc.

OP, I’m a PI, predominantly working on social media investigations over the past 10 years, I’ve helped a couple of NSC’ers over the years - feel free to message me and I will try and walk you through it if you need further help and testing of your profile to make sure it’s as private as possible.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
feel free to message me and I will try and walk you through it if you need further help and testing of your profile to make sure it’s as private as possible.
Thanks everyone, I think it’s sorted now.

@StonehamPark would you be my Guinea Pig?
I just need someone that doesn’t know me/the wife or any/many of my friends to search my name and reassure me with what you can see.Can i send it to you?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I can’t be of any practical help as I deleted my account completely about a decade ago (and believe me, if you wanted to delete rather than just deactivate it, it was a proper time-consuming process) but I’m sorry to hear that there are scumbags at your son’s school weaponising people’s social media history.

But one fully worth the effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports