Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with this. I remember Calvert Lewin saying that under Ancelotti he was told to, whenever possible, shoot first time without taking a touch. And he had that great period under him and has not looked the same player since. Feels like Ferguson could use similar advice, and Undav already does it. Coaching strikers/finishing is probably an underrated skill.

On a related point, how on earth did Ancelotti end up managing Everton?!
He was between proper jobs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given the numerous comments on this thread implying we were mad to let him go etc., as if the loan were entirely a football matter that we (RDZ?) called wrong, can someone nail once and for all the trope that he was out of our team last season early doors due to family issues back home (in Germany), then got his head straight enough to play (and score), and then requested the loan so he could be closer to the problem back in Germany, whatever that is?

It is either true (in which case he won't be back unless the issue is resolved) or it isn't, in which case the cards are largely in BHA's hands.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The second half one - the ball arrives behind him, and he actually does a really good job of adjusting to hook it towards goal - and only a really good bit of defending from Casemiro on the line prevents him scoring. I don't see Ferguson or Undav doing any more with that cross.

The first half one, is a terrible miss at the point of Joao Pedro's actual SHOT - but there is not a chance that either of the other two produce the footwork that created the opportunity in the first place.
Absolutely this, l can't imagine either Undav or Ferguson being in the right place to actually get either shot away, never mind actually score from either of them.

Our forward line is so much more effective with Joao Pedro in it. We miss him big time when he can't play.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely this, l can't imagine either Undav or Ferguson being in the right place to actually get either shot away, never mind actually score from either of them.

Our forward line is so much more effective with Joao Pedro in it. We miss him big time when he can't play.
Very debatable - the one thing Undav has proved is that he is a good finisher and poacher, I think it would be highly likely he’d have been poised to strike 😃

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I Still maintain a fit and confident Ferguson is easily our best finisher

Not even close to be honest on that front, shame he had been carrying that injury all season.

Be interesting to see what the new manager does with him, but I cant see him in front of Pedro, Ferguson or Welbeck

He will 100% want to stay in Germany, and I suspect we will take the money

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
it's because they used to have lots of cash to SPLURGE.

(and where has that got them? Penalised for overspending and now on the brink of insolvency...)
It's mainly this, but isn't it also because he's great friends with Rafa Benitez who has never given up a home near Liverpool (Caldy I believe) and he'd often visit the Wirral to see him?

He was as others said, at a weird moment in his career. He'd sort of got this reputation of being the go to guy to steady the ship after a great manager had departed (Mourinho at Madrid, Pep at Bayern, Sarri at Napoli). It didn't work out at Napoli and he was left in a bit of a hole. Everton was a great little, no pressure job, with a big spending board, where he'd be adored. And he got to spend time hanging out with his mate on the Wirral. He did a pretty good job to be honest.

I think he was probably hired by Madrid again as the go-to-guy to steady the ship after Zizu stepped down. He's just done a truly fantastic job and cemented himself as one of the greats.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Just want my Deniz back :(
1716214927854.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here