Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The 'Europe is a higher level' argument is based on the premise that the only way into Europe is to join a side already in it. It's not a closed shop and if a tranche of good players stay at a club, they would make it together. Yves Bissouma said that he was leaving us to play in European competition. After a small taste in his first year, this season he presumably spent Thursday nights playing darts round at Ange' s local, whilst trying to ignore what was on the telly in the saloon.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The 'Europe is a higher level' argument is based on the premise that the only way into Europe is to join a side already in it.
While not absolutely true, this is more true than not in the WSL. In the last ten seasons (including this season) we’ve seen these teams qualify for Europe

2014: Liverpool, Chelsea
2015: Chelsea, Man City
2016: Man City, Chelsea
2017-18: Chelsea, Man City
2018-19: Arsenal, Man City
2019-20: Chelsea, Man City

Extra Champion’s League spot added from 2020-21

2020-21: Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal
2021-22: Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City
2022-23: Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal
2023-24: Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal

It’s very hard to break into that top group, even if you’re Man United.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Watching the 2nd half, and this commentator is so inaccurate. Apparently Amelie Symonds has come on (its Maisie by the way), and an Arsenal penalty has apparently hit the bar when it blatantly hit the bottom of the post! *sigh*

We are losing 2-0 but its not all one way traffic at the moment.

May 25, 2023
Croydon
Chips were a bit rubbish and got absolutely cooked. Men’s team announcement coming mid game also felt poor IMO and understandably flattened the atmosphere
I couldn't even be bothered to queue :(
We all thought the de Zerbi announcement timing was a bit off too, but I suspect there was a leak imminent and that was the best that could be done.
Still had a fun day out despite the result. (by the way I had a 4-0 or 4-1 prediction based on previous Arsenal results)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I couldn't even be bothered to queue :(
We all thought the de Zerbi announcement timing was a bit off too, but I suspect there was a leak imminent and that was the best that could be done.
Still had a fun day out despite the result. (by the way I had a 4-0 or 4-1 prediction based on previous Arsenal results)
I really hope it was a threatened leak, otherwise just horrible timing from the club. Much rather their hand was forced.
Knew we were gonna lose which softens the blow a bit in the WSL, but wasn't expecting it to be such a poor showing. Also didn't help that I got absolutely cooked in unexpected sunshine

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And while a few clubs 'buy' the women's game, this is the sad reality for some of the clubs that were in the vanguard of putting the women's game back on the map.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here